Assistant: Kathleen Curington 513.579.1500
Brian’s primary work is helping privately-owned businesses avoid and, if necessary, defend against employment practices violations and lawsuits, and protect the competitive edge those businesses have gained through hard work and sacrifice. Brian handles the whole spectrum of employment and trade secret law: employment agreements, non-compete agreements, trade secret protection, employment policies, employee handbooks, executive compensation, employee recruiting and job placement, employee counseling, negotiation of severance agreements, non-litigated resolution of employment disputes, and trials and appeals of employment and trade secret disputes.
Brian also handles disputes involving business transactions, business ownership, personal injury, construction (particularly mechanic’s liens, lien enforcement, and general contractor and subcontractor issues), and environmental matters.
Lastly, Brian represents amateur (high school and college age) and professional athletes in negotiating and enforcing player and endorsement contracts. Brian has assisted a number of professional athletes in creating and operating charitable foundations and non-profit organizations.
- J.D., Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University (Highland Heights, KY), 1998
- B.A., Xavier University (Cincinnati, OH), 1994 (University Scholar)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Cincinnati, Ohio State and American Bar Associations
- Sports Lawyers Association
- Trustee, Teen Response, Inc.
- Trustee, JJS3 Foundation, Cincinnati
- Football Coordinator, St. Gertrude School, Cincinnati
- Youth football coach, St. Gertrude School
- Trustee, Greater Cincinnati Sports Corporation
- Adjunct Professor, Sports Business Law, Xavier University, Cincinnati (2006 to 2009)
- Adjunct Professor, Environmental, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio (1999 to 2006)
Admitted to Practice
- State of Ohio
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
Professional and Civic Recognition
- Participant, Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (2010)
- Peer-rated “Ohio Super Lawyer – Rising Star” (2010, 2011)
- Certified Contract Advisor, National Football League Players Association
- Constable and Law Clerk, Hon. Steven E. Martin, Hamilton County, Ohio Court of Common Pleas (1997 to 1999)