BHMK Shareholder/President to Present Faith-Based Estate Planning Workshop
On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 9 AM, BHMK Shareholder / President David Burleigh will jointly present “Into The Light”, a workshop to discuss topics such as advanced care directives, senior care and asset management, funeral planning, and other estate planning issues from a Catholic perspective. The presentation, joined by Fr. Thomas More Garrett, OP and other specialists, will shed light on the Catholic Church’s guidance on these issues and offer practical advice for preparing individuals and family for the passage of their loved ones from this life to the next.
The event will be held at St. Gertrude Church Parish Center, St. Dominic Lobby, located at 6543 Miami Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45243. The workshop is expected to run until approximately 11 AM. This workshop is especially designed for those entering their twilight years, those interested in planning ahead to prevent unwanted and unpleasant surprises, or those with aging parents who have yet to fully plan for their end-of-life issues. Items of interest covered will include:
- Issues surrounding aging or elderly parents-living arrangements, bill payment, personal and medical care, and degenerative conditions and their impact on capacity to sign legal documents;
- Funeral-related issues including making arrangements, payment, protocols, burial, cremation, and cemeteries;
- Wills, trusts, and powers of attorney – what are they, how do they work, what do they mean?;
- Dealing with parental assets;
- How health care powers of attorney work and the moral issues that can arise related to them; and
- Theological issues around death, illness, end-of-life, and compassionate care for those impacted by all of the above.